Saturday 23 February 2013

FABRIC!!!!!

I have just had lovely  "extra"  week's  holiday down at our bach at Waihi beach!!  
The weather was great, swimming every day, lots of walks, and, of course, just a tenny wee bit of shopping!!
We visited "Katipatch"  in Katikati, a patchwork & quilting shop in a wonderful spot just as you enter Katikati.
Also checked out Cushla's patchwork shop in Waihi township....


When I had a look in our very seriously over endowered airing cupboard at the bach, look what I found - very old vintage pillow cases & a sheet!.......




And then, when I got back home, in the mail was more fabric!!!...................
A pack I ordered from Amitie/Australia "Green Tea and Sweet Beans" by Jen Kingwell.


and more fabric!!!!!.............
Material Obsession's  "Pretty" fabric pack that I thought I would check out.


A huge variety of fabrics just ready for cutting up!! 
Lately I have been enjoying using traditional blocks and combining fabric from my stash with some of the more recent modern fabrics.  I have made quite a few baby quilts using more solids /whites /greys than I ever had in the past 'cos they kinda fit in with what new mums want. And I have just loved making them, trying out new ideas, & the internet has been a great source of inspiration!!
Vintage, or scrappy, or modern, or mix & match, with a clear negative space somewhere for quilting, whatever !!!!!  I love it all.    (but I have to say.....I just  don't do "brown"  or batik !!!!)

We all put so much effort, & time, & money, & decsion -making into our next project,  so just make what you really enjoy making!!!!  There are no rules.
AND there is such a lot of lovely fabric out there!!!!!!!




1 comment:

Megan said...

You are right Linda - great attitude!