Tuesday 26 February 2013

sewing verus gardening!!

I still have a few more days holiday & I still have a long list of things to do!
It's defintiely too hot to garden, yes? - so I thought I should try tidying up my fabric stash in the spare bedroom, now my sewing room!   I had planned to get order, a  system of sorts ?!??!!?
But, I got sidetracked!
I found this quilt that I had made some time ago & then once I had it professionally quilted, I never got around to binding it. It was a vintage pattern that I purchased even longer ago when in Australia!

It's made from a soft combination of mushrooms/pinks/creams with a hint of red every now & then.

I had used a v. sweet Japanese linen fabric a couple of times as a focus point

and there were a few old liberties thrown in too!

You can't really see it, but it is quilted in an allover clamshell pattern (machine quilted by Annette /Wild Cotton Longarm Quilting Services). I went on a mad hunt to find something to bind it with.... watch this space! 

Needless to say, the new improved storage system hasn't yet taken shape in the sewing room!
Maybe I'll wait for a rainy day now!!!


No comments: