Tuesday 7 May 2013

very vintage

Some time ago I purchased a fat quarter bundle over the internet of "Floressence"/ Art Gallery Fabrics from the Fat Quarter Shop and once they arrived I just couldn't think what to do with them. The fabric felt lovely, the colours were ok, if just a bit too bright!!!
I wondered about combining them with other fabrics.
I wondered about throwing in some solid fabrics.
I wondered about making a scrappy trip-around-the-world quilt, about making the  "X" & "+" quilt, even about the more recently popular Retro flowers kinda quilt.
........but I couldn't decide anything, so I didn't do anything!!!!

Until today......once I stopped  looking at the fabric pile and actually started sewing, using a very simple pattern, it came together very easily.
I love the rose print and teamed up with the geometric modern prints it all seemed to  have a kind of vintagey mismatched appeal!! 

No comments: