Thursday 2 October 2014

classic meets modern {October edition}









It's that time again, and another block to make! There are a couple of things that stand out to me now... firstly, I seem to be using more & more solids within each block as we have progressed, a real change for me! {maybe I'll make an all solids quilt one day!} And I also feel this is a fairly restricted colour pallette for me, rather than my usual all out colourful scrappy, and that's a nice change too. Looking forward to the last couple of month's blocks and then it'll be time to decide on settings etc.

Linking up with Erin here at


4 comments:

Mara said...

Wow, you are so super fast, how did you do that? Love the way all of your blocks are looking. Koka, is the first part of the name of our business, Koka Roka, it's a small B&B.

Sarah Fredette said...

Sometimes its good to limit ourselves with a restricted color palette -- well, just as long as you initially like those colors! I think this is turning out really great, and I'm excited to see the finish!

✄ Erin @ Sew at Home Mummy ✄ said...

I love the palette you've chosen! These are looking so fantastic, really exciting to see them all come together!

Andee said...

It is looking great so far! Love the colors! I used more colors and am forever trying not to introduce anymore!