Sunday 26 October 2014

from the couch














It's been a bit quiet around here on the blog... I've just had a bit of an extended sleepover in hospital for several days, not too nice being on the receiving end of things I must say! Anyway, all's good now & I'm recupping on the couch for a bit each day. And it's so nice to have some hand sewing to do.
Some time ago I started a long term handpiecing project, Curved Star Hexagons. I've had a few completed pastel ones up on my design wall for a while now, but they never seemed to look quite right! I often start out enthusiastically & have a vision of where I'm going, but as usual, things don't always go to plan!
This week I've had plenty of time to think about those hexis... and decided on a selective scrappy colour scheme. I grabbed some extra AMH fabrics from the stash, got back on the couch, put on my Piano Boys CD {see link below} and made a few more hexagons, only thing missing was a wee glass of vino! The hexis take less than half an hour to piece together and I'm finding it very enjoyable! Not wanting to waste all my earlier hard work, I also unpicked a couple of the original light outer triangles, added darker fabrics and it's made quite a difference! This has possibilities, yes?

a bit more #22

4 comments:

Karyn said...

Glad you are on the mend!

Megan said...

Your hexies look beautiful! Hope you recover speedily.

Hettie's Mum said...

Sorry to hear you have been unwell. Great you are on the road to recovery. These Hexi's are great. nice bold colours that to me look balanced with each other. lovely design too! I can't wait to see the end result!

Julie said...

Glad you are on the mend. Quite nice to be able to sit/lie there and do something creative, without worrying about all the other chores that need to be done. I love that purple and gold hexy star - cant wait to see more. Take care and get better quickly.