Thursday 28 May 2015

gone to a good home



                               My daughter has a habit of finding homes for my finished quilts!
- the minute I put the last little stitches into the binding 
- off out the door it goes! 





border, binding & backing close up pic


Blue & Brown Rosy Quilt





This is one of my 'go-to' quilt patterns for using up scraps.The layout of alternating 9 patch and large squares is one of Kaffe's earlier quilts, excellent for a particular colour story or maybe conveying a certain mood. I started it some time ago, just had the binding to add which I was doing today... and the rest, as they say, is history! I'm glad it's gone to a good home! 

Linking in to tgiff  here at anja quilts
and 'oh scrap' here at quilting is more fun than housework
pop on over to see lots of quilty inspiration!

{p.s. I've just received a lovely email from the lady who received this quilt, and she loves it!
Hey, isn't that why we do all this cutting up of fabric and sewing it all back together again?}


23 comments:

Julie said...

At least you know they will be well used with this cold weather.

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

Oooooo Nice!

Sew Quilt Designs said...

Love it....lucky person who received it....and you got a good day to take a photo at last! :)

Maryse said...

Lovely!! I love your choice of colors. :-)

Maryse said...

Lovely!! I love your choice of colors. :-)

Samantha said...

That binding is the perfect pop of brown :-)

Jodi said...

Gorgeous! I always love the quilts made with KF. and his beautiful books are so captivating, I could gaze at the beauty of them for hours!

Raewyn said...

So good to make something that is so appreciated! Lovely quilt - so warm looking inspite of the 'cool' blues :-)

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Thank you Jodi! Yes, I’m a fan of Kaffe fabrics... attention seekers aren’t they? And I love trying to mix them into my other fabrics, doesn’t always work though! Cheers, Linda

Unknown said...

Wow!!!! I love this colors and quilt!!!!!

Sandra Walker said...

Great quilt--and I love scrap quilt ideas, so thank you! Ha ha, your daughter sounds exactly like my youngest...quilts migrate to her home all the time...some come back, some do not!

Live a Colorful Life said...

What a beautiful scrap quilt. It's wonderful when our children enjoy and appreciate what we create.

Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty said...

Yes, yes -- I can see how that would make a dent in your scraps. Hmmm ... You've got me thinking now about my own scrap bin!

The Farmhouse Quilter said...

Such great use of scraps!!! I am also thinking about doing something like that...

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Thank you so much! Yes, I am happy my daughter loves my hobby too! (and she’s right... I can’t keep all the quilts I make!) Thanx for stopping by, Linda

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Yes, it’s a great pattern! Not only for using up scrap fabrics, but also showcases those larger pieces you don’t want to cut into! Thanx for stopping by, Linda

Beth said...

I love this scrap quilt and nine patches are one of my favorite.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

A wonderful and inviting quilt! This pattern is perfect for those large prints that I am always looking for a way to use them. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

What a great quilt. I like the use of 9-patch and large blocks. Thanks for linking up with TGIFF.

Tu-Na Quilts said...

Nine patches are so much fun. I think I'll do another one soon as I get the binding put on the last one I've done.

LA Paylor said...

so nice!! LeeAnna at not afraid of color

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Yes I too just love the 9 patch, perfect for scrap quilts & easy for beginners too.
And very versatile depending on the fabric used... modern or traditional, it always works! Thanx for stopping by, Linda

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Well you daughter has great taste!! Plus, what a compliment!