Sunday 3 May 2015

something for everyone

Glenys and I popped into the Auckland Quiltmakers Show at the Parnell Community Centre in Auckland this weekend. I enjoyed the show, and there was certainly quite a variety... from the bright Kaffe Fassett quilts to the more traditional, and a sprinkling of 'modern' quilts too! Here's some of my favourites. {Apologies, these pics were taken on my phone so they are a little not-quite-true-to-colour, and there's a bit of a reflection-y thing happening from the overhead lights! }


Lotus11 -Juliet Taylor


Patchwork of the Crosses - Robyn Burgess
see here for better pics


Peony - Penny Jameison
this was a lovely big really bright quilt, using Kaffe prints 225cms x 206cms


Tula's Modern Sampler {folded} - Robyn Burgess
Petula {hanging} - Gail Moore


Floating Fans - Pam Carter
{made from ties}


My favourite pick of the show...mainly all low volumes 
Tripping Lightly - Robyn Croft


Endurance - Lesley Rawlings


Pikelets & Jam - Gail Moore

 A good day out, plus the outdoor market was a happening thing too! 

3 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Linda thanks so much for posting these photos, I missed getting to the show this year and it's so nice to see the quilts made by quilters I have knows for around 30 years and worked with on Committee many years ago.
I love this new style one from Juliet and Robyn has some beauties in thee too.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Thanx! I’m just disappointed that I didn't take my proper camera along. The little old phone pics don’t do them real justice! Linda

Raewyn said...

I saw this was on but we had retreat so I couldn't come down - thanks for sharing the pictures, it sounds like you enjoyed your day!