Monday 10 September 2018

parcels in the post


Can't beat getting gorgeous fabric in the post but with the NZ$ sitting pretty low just now and postage being expensive, on-line shopping has not been practical. at. all. Like many, my shopping habits have almost come to a screaming halt. 

However, in the interests of activating my pre-modern stash, I do still try to add one or two current fabrics from time to time. I find they can add new life and interest, and often many fabrics in my stash will actually go with them too. Here's a couple of pics of fabrics was recently tempted by from just across the ditch, in Australia.


First up, Julie from justjulielou drew my attention to a lovely piece of fabric from queenoffabric {ah, the wonders of instagram!}  It's a gorgeous foliage print in pinks & green, "leilani' Maude Asburry by Blend. No plans for it yet, but it's got heaps of potenial, yes?



And my other lovely parcel-in-the-post last week came from treehousetextiles. An octagon trip around the world, it's the 'June Dyson coverlet' pattern & starter fabric pack. I'm sure I can find heaps in my stash that will work together with this as well.






. . . looking forward to making a start on this!
But these new additions will have to wait as I've still got heaps of HSTs to make {see here}

Have you been tempted to do a little stash enhancement lately too?


11 comments:

Julie said...

Looks even better in your photos. Your hubby must think I'm a bad influence. Best you don't tell him you'll be with me at the quilt show.

Linda said...

Lovely contents in your parcels! Love the Leilani fabric, new to me. I can see why you were tempted. Fabric prices are so high aren't they?

pandchintz said...

Ooh Linda! Yum, Yum and more Yum! That fabric is GORGEOUS and your pull for the new project looks so lovely. Will be watching this one with great interest. Yep, did some fabric library enhancement over the weekend and put together bits for a new project myself - love it!

Ann said...

Don't well all love large scale florals. These are gorgeous. Good decision to find things that extend your stash.

karenbbsnow said...

Always tempted to do some stash enhancement! Your new additions are lovely. We're travelling 5 hrs to see family next week and my sweet husband has already mapped out the quilt shops along the way, so I've been holding back on the stash enhancement till next week :)

gayle said...

Oh, that octagon quilt just has your name all over it! Looking forward to watching you play with this one, for sure!
(And I recently acquired a bit of fabric inspiration - those 20%-off-everything-in-the-store sales ambush me every time!)

DonnaleeQ said...

Lovely fabrics. I don't buy fabric much lately either it is pretty expensive here in the U.S. too.

Janie said...

Beautiful florals and fun plans for them, I'm looking forward
to seeing your progress.

audrey said...

It's so fun to add a unique and lovely piece of fabric to our stash. Really helps pep things up.:)

Mystic Quilter said...

Nice fabric selection Linda - shame about our exchange rate though. No fabric enhancement for me just now, waiting for the Arcadia range from Philip Jacobs!

Karen S said...

Yes, the falling value of our currencies does put a damper on purchasing on-line. But it looks like you have selected well. Lovely fabric and great pattern.