Sunday 14 October 2018

slow Sunday stitching

All the components are sorted for my 'tulip' quilt now - the improv blocks are made, the borders are all ready, and I've made the binding.
Spending some time today slow stitching, doing some needleturn applique, enjoying the process, one tulip after another . . .


. . . and then I'll be ready to stitch everything together.











If you are a scrappy quilt lover, these string pieced tulips are such a great way to use up some fabric snippets. I've used mainly Anna Maria Horner little leftovers for this, some of her earlier fabrics, with lots of those {everso} useful neutrals.

Linking up with Cynthia for 'oh scrap' here
and with Kathy for 'slow sunday stitching' here


19 comments:

Julie said...

That's going to be just beautiful when it's finished. Perfect weather for sitting inside sewing. I think I've lost my sewjo at present.

Karen S said...

Looking lovely.

Kleine Vingers said...

That quilt makes me smile and happy

Linda said...

It's looking great. Enjoy your needle turn stitching.

Ann said...

I really like how this is coming together. Making this tulips and border from the same fabric stash works quite well. I would never have thought of that. Thanks! And the improv background of whites updates the look so much. Thanks for sharing your process and progress.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

So pretty! I love the scrappy color and the low volume background!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

oh, is this lovely, or what!

Janie said...

Beautiful work and design. I see you got ric-rac!
Perfect.

The Joyful Quilter said...

You've already prepared the binding? Nice work!! It's going to be SEW sweet.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Your choice of fabric and colors is perfect. I love how this is looking. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Mystic Quilter said...

It's a beauty Linda!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Thank you! (I am not able to email you so am repling here, hope you see)

audrey said...

Beautiful! Love how these busy blocks look on the serene background.:)

Leeanne said...

the vibe of your quilts are always interesting, plenty for the eye to wander over. It looks like a lap/wall hanging size, but then photo's can be deceiving?

Cathy said...

Wonderful. And I'm still inspired! Someday I hope tulips will be growing in my house!

Joanne S said...

Love the richness of the fabric and color choices. This is going to be a very pretty quilt when complete!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Thanks so much Joanne. I’m enjoying this remake, and the softer palette with its little ‘pops’ of colour! ( I can't seem to be able to email you back, so hope you see this reply)

gayle said...

Oh this is just gorgeous! Love those happy tulips, especially amongst those improv blocks!

Kate said...

Love your Tulips! It's a gorgeous scrappy quilt.