Sunday 21 October 2018

sunday shopping and just a bit more ...



I don't often buy whole ranges of fabric, I prefer to personalise my projects by putting together a scrappy mix of fabrics from all over the place, however . . . this range caught my eye, 'English Garden' Rifle Paper Co. Cotton & Steel. No plans as yet. But it's so pretty.










This weekend I changed a few quilts around and put this 'leafyrosy in pastel' quilt on the bed. I needed to give this one a good shake out, it had been folded up for far too long.
It's interesting to look back at my different fabric choices. Like many, my tastes have evolved just as the variety of  fabrics available has dramatically changed.  
It's a well known Kaffe pattern but I didn't have any Kaffe fabrics, so I used a selection of fabrics available here in NZ at the time.











And finally, this 'star' quilt fell out of the wardrobe while I was looking for something else . . . I've only got four more blocks to make up, but I'm not too sure of what I actually did to make these!
I went to a workshop years ago, and there was a definite sequence to sewing the components. Anyways, I'll have a little play and hopefully things will work out. Then I can cross another old WiP off the list. Surely someone will want a dotty floral quilt, yes? 






Linking up with Cynthia for 'oh scrap' here


19 comments:

Kleine Vingers said...

The fabric bundle looks lovely. I do not buy bundles but have bought most of the fabric from a line from Edyta Sitar this year.
It is fun to see your pastel quilt at this moment since i was given a big bundle of jelly roll strips in pastel colors and do not know what to do with them. I am not sure it was one jelly roll or left overs from several rolls, but they are pastel colors and roses. It will take me a while before I know what to do with them.
And I would finish the stars, since the fabric is cut already. The colors are lovely

Quiltdivajulie said...

Ahhhh - dotty floral quilt. YES!!! You've shared some lovelies today.

gayle said...

Yeah, a dotty floral would be hard to resist! 8)

Janie said...

Yes, Rifle Paper Co.'s English Garden line is gorgeous. I often go online and check their .com
because sometimes they run a sale there. I have some of their stationary too.
Okay, time to calm down.
Your floral nine patch and star blocks are lovely!

Karen's Korner said...

Pretty fabric purchase. You must finish off "dotty floral"....too pretty to be locked up.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That looks like a pretty bundle of fabric! It will be fun to see where it takes you. How fun to change up your quilts now and then - I like to do that, too! Enjoy figuring out that star block!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

You have the best eye for florals. I am never happy with the ones I buy but you have me keep trying. Your quilts are always so inviting! Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

Julie said...

Some pretty fabrics in that new bundle. Your 9 patch is lovely, very soft and spring like. Have to ask - how many quilts do you actually have, and I suppose I should also ask, how many unfinished one too?

Leeanne said...

Fabric envy! So good. Gosh you sure are making great progress with your quilt making.

Karen S said...

Love the fabric bundle. That will be lovely to look at until you make plans to sew.
It is good to change around the quilts so you can enjoy each of them.
That star quilt definitely deserves a finish.

Kaja said...

I like those stars a lot. Your 9 patch is very pretty and although I can see that the fabrics are older, it still very clearly has the feel of a 'Linda' quilt.

9658 Textiles said...

soooo pretty <3

Mystic Quilter said...

Two lovely quilts to show us today counting the star in progress. How long has the dotty star been lurking?? I'm looking forward to seeing this progress, love the floral fabric!!
English Garden should be arriving on my doorstep any day now, like yourself I fell for this range and I know it is a change from my usual KF fabrics but I have a pattern tucked away which will look good with these fabrics.

audrey said...

Ooh, that new fabric! I can totally see why you were tempted! It really is interesting to look at our older quilts and see exactly how our styles and tastes have changed! The dotty stars are just pure fun.:)

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Hi Kaja, Hubby hates these dotty stars, none of the star points match up the same... I did try to tell him that’s how it’s supposed to be, a little wonky to catch the eye!
But, I’ve worked out the sequencing and will make a real effort to get the last few blocks finished up now. Dots & spots never really go out of fashion, do they?

sanpiseth40 said...

Your blog was absolutely fantastic!
Great deal of great information & this can be useful some or maybe the other way.
Keep updating your blog,anticipating to get more detailed contents thanks for sharing.
หนังฝรั่ง

Kate said...

The dotty and print stars are so pretty. I love those florals. Good luck with your new found UFO.

Raewyn said...

I know you will work some sapecial magic with those fabrics Linda :-) Have fun with your find in the closet - the dots and florals have combined nicely to made cute blocks.

phannhathoang144@gmail.com said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.