Where there's lots started... and even a few finishes!

▼

Friday, 30 August 2024

tired of these checkered garden blocks yet?


Like a few quilters recently, I've caught the 'checkered garden' bug well and truly!
Loved making these, such a fun block to assemble ...




This is my 'Checkered Garden' quilt #2, using the free pattern from Ashley @filminthefridge. Definitely channeling my vintage granny chic with modern twist vibe here! I selected blending fabrics in light - medium values, a variety of old & new prints, in peachy pinks, rosy pinks, primrose yellow, green, & teal/aqua. Added in a little contrast from the darker teals & bright pink, et voilĂ !











Until next time, Linda


6 comments:

  1. I'm definitely not tired of the checkered garden blocks, they're so vibrant, colorful and alive! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never get tired of looking at that block and a whole top of them is a bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What vibrant color! Lovely. I like the cools against the warms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very pretty! Love your color combo, and the dash of darker value colors really gives it a nice pop. I am always a little surprised at how many fabrics you must have in your stash to keep pulling prints to make so many quilts. Or do you go shopping for fabrics to make a particular quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  5. TIRED of them?! Seriously? No way -- I'm still loving them, and struggling hard to resist following you right down that rabbit hole of quilty goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never tire of seeing these. They are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear your thoughts.
If you are unable to leave a comment here on the blog, you are welcome to email me directly.
Happy sewing!