Where there's lots started... and even a few finishes!

▼

Saturday, 10 May 2025

playing with prints & patterns.


I started Emma's Boardwalk quilt this weekend. It ticks all the boxes - it's scrappy, vibrant, fun, and perfect for playing with prints and patterns. I'm loving the wee challenge of creating small, coordinated collections for each big 14 1/2" block. I'm hoping the bright colours of my larger prints will contrast nicely with the geometric intersecting cross to create a fresh, modern design. 






Must admit, the piecing kept me on my toes! The pie to arc seam is quite tight. So, I decided to make up a single paper piecing (FPP) unit for the fan blades, something I'd seen Suzanne on IG do, and it did make for a slightly easier sew. And, by the time I'd made my 4th quarter, I had it all looking okay.

- trial block✅



Planning the next block now,
Linda 




10 comments:

  1. This is going to be beautiful. I am hoping to start Emma’s Bloom quilt soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a beautiful design! Thanks for the link to Tree House Quilts, great patterns and colors and fabrics. I had lots of fun looking around there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this pattern so much and got the pattern. I will enjoy your wonderful work on these unique blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda, I've seen a few of these on IG, they look like fun blocks to make & a scrap buster helper. Are you enjoying the foundation paper piecing?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great start with these beautiful blocks Linda, I received my pattern along with templates almost two weeks ago but not yet made a start- seeing yours here has fired me up to get busy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you have mastered this block already. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good progress and planning, Emma's Boardwalk quilt is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun, challenging block! It’s going to be a great project.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ps - do you know what that red/orange feather fabric is? I think it’s pretty old but I’m interested in finding some. If you know!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear your thoughts.
If you are unable to leave a comment here on the blog, you are welcome to email me directly.
Happy sewing!