Where there's lots started... and even a few finishes!

▼

Tuesday, 13 May 2025

progress pics

I like to juggle a few WiPs at any one time, and usually, this helps me manage my crazy attention span!
But there comes a time when I simply have to stop and take some time to tidy my sewing room. I also needed make a few decisions about fabrics & my overflowing baskets (like keep - chuck - gift/donate). It feels like I'm simply shifting clutter from one location to another though! 
And those WiPs needed to be dealt to. I made a list. 

One mess quilt top I wanted to finish up was joining these TATW blocks. It's all straightforward patchwork, slow but immensely joyful. Each block is a new invitation to play with colour and pattern, see back here for earlier details.  




... and I decided on a scrappy border for the win! Not only does it use up more stash, but it also ensures all those edges are secure & prevents the seams from unravelling. I've used a selection of bold greens, and I love how it holds in the beautiful bursting floral blocks.










I've also made another 'boardwalk' block too,
 it's a repeat block design & great for using both big & small scraps ...


Hm-m- this one block a week idea won't last much longer, I'm having way too much fun!


And part of the big tidy up was some maintenance on my sewing machine.
Now & then Mr D kindly checks everything, including vacuuming out the dust bunnies.
OMG dare I confess, it must have been quite a while since the last time, 
'cos look ... 
🤣


... note to self: de-lint my machine monthly
Linda



7 comments:

  1. The scrappy green border looks great. I can't imagine any one of those fabrics being all 4 borders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, goodness- the dust bunny pile up! Glad you decided to get that out of there. Your border is a good idea for seam stability, like you said. That’s smart. And so many lovely greens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That scrappy border is perfect and I love that next block you have made. I picked out fabric for three Steampunk blocks so I can get moving on that project while I wait for my TreeHouse package to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the green border it really adds something to it. My sewing machine wasn't quite that bad last time I attended to it but close!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favourite part is the black and white stripe, I love to use it for binding too. You do have a dust bunny sanctuary there! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at that dust, o my!
    Your scrappy border is so rich, perfect. And good progress on your new Boardwalk block.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love that border and of course the centre of the quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear your thoughts.
If you are unable to leave a comment here on the blog, you are welcome to email me directly.
Happy sewing!