My recent tidy-up of scraps +stash has offered up a sprawl of possibilities,
I bet your stash does too.
I knew I had a small basket of older vintage-y fabric somewhere, such a nice surprise to finally find it again. I had signed up for a 10" squares fabric pack, one a month, for nearly a year, many years ago. Occasionally there were fabrics I wouldn't have chosen but, as you know, I have a soft spot for scrappy.
If you’re anything like me, you’d get sidetracked by something you found too, yes? Initially I just started by pulling out some other fabrics that could possibly work, contemporary larger rosy florals teamed up with the older itty-bitty prints. I was going with a colourful mix & match scrappy vibe.
I decided to incorporate them into a star quilt.
Fast forward to now and my sewing machine is back home, and I was able to just jump straight in.
Stars are a real favourite of mine✨. I just love them. They’re such a fun make, with so many opportunities to play around with colours, prints and shapes.
I'm also planning on combining my stars - inspo from @stitchesfoulweather. Lots of sawtooth stars mixed in with a few wheel of fortune blocks, both have the same sized center squares which appeals to me.
Enjoy the progress photos ...
This 2nd block is called the #wheeloffortuneblock - tutorial can be found at @fabric406
Yes, I like where this is going💕
Linda
I have purchased a few 10" square packs at half price over the years and haven't used some of them. I think I need to follow your lead and choose 2 blocks and just start cutting and sewing. Some of the squares probably just need to be thrown into the scrap container and they might find a partner in there.
ReplyDeleteYou found some pretty florals in your stash, Linda! They make fun centers for those star blocks. Love the wheel of fortune blocks, too. I'll enjoy seeing how you put all these together!
ReplyDeleteStar blocks always add interest and pizzaz.Thanks for sharing your process.
ReplyDeleteIt is wonderful when you find something very special that had been tucked away and nearly forgotten.
ReplyDeleteI always enjoy seeing the stars you make.
Oh, these are marvelous! I'm a fool for star blocks, too. Also baskets.
ReplyDeleteI'm trying to organize/clean up my sewing room too. You've some gorgeous prints in those stars. It will be a little beauty when done. ;^)
ReplyDeleteThanks Chantel. Yes, well my tidying up seems to be ongoing just now LOL!
DeleteI adore the AM fabrics and bringing in a few unexpected older prints into the mix really makes things sparkle!
Linda ps I'm replying here as my email didn't go through.
I really agree it's fun and helpful to find items you know you have, somewhere! Great start on the stars.
ReplyDelete