I do enjoy making these blocks, can't help smiling each time I finish a block. It's the kind of pattern you can make your own, in your palette made from your fabrics. I'm pretty sure no two 'checkered gardens' look alike!
My framework is simple - soft blush pinks & caramel for the centers, light-medium low volumes for the outer corners, everything else? well, a bit of a surprise as I go really.
You can see my mix of print styles is all over the place, different designers & collections, old & new - but hopefully the colours will tie everything together in a way that feels warm, slightly muted and yet still bright.
You can see my mix of print styles is all over the place, different designers & collections, old & new - but hopefully the colours will tie everything together in a way that feels warm, slightly muted and yet still bright.
And few busy floral fabrics thrown in will help create a delightfully tangled garden look.
Perfect mix of lights and darks--lovely blocks!
ReplyDeleteWhen you find a block you love to make, it's hard to not want to start another quilt with it. Playing with fabric choices is so much fun.
ReplyDeleteLooking lovely.
ReplyDeleteShe will be a beauty! Gorgeous colour palette and fabrics! Now I’m going to check out FITFs tutorial. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteCheckered Garden is an attractive design!! Fun color choices too, lots of smiles.
ReplyDeleteAs I knew it would, it's looking great!
ReplyDeleteI love exploring how the same block can look so completely different depending on the mix of fabric prints! These are lovely.
ReplyDeletethose are very pretty indeed....
ReplyDelete