Where there's lots started... and even a few finishes!

Tuesday, 25 August 2026

daydreaming


I've been daydreaming about this colour palette for a while now, 
lots of pink, peach & caramels, with maybe a few darker blues & muted greens.
... I just needed to figure out what to make with them. 











 trial block done✅ 



After scrolling around waiting for inspiration to hit, I suddenly had The. Perfect. Idea ... making me want to drop everything and start on this immediately! I think I'll use Ashley @Film in the Fridge’s tutorial 'Checkered Garden'. 
Again. 

Yes, I've made this a few times now - pop back here to see more - it's a super fun free pattern and works so well in lots of different colourways & fabric combinations. 
This time my framework is simple - soft blush pinks & caramel for the centers, light low volumes for the outer corners, everything else? well, a bit of a surprise really. 

Linda



7 comments:

  1. Beautiful block! Another lovely quilt, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I like your plan of low volumes in the corners, too--it sets off the block clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of those pinks are just wonderful! I have reached that point in my summer where I have too many things going and not enough time so all I think about it starting something new 🫤. I am trying to wait until the calendar changes to a new month before I give in to temptation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That will make a fun quilt, hope you keep on sewing up those blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful classic pattern for a controlled scrappy palette. I'm loving light pink/caramel/smokey plum combos these days. Your palette looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that pattern and I think I have a few of those prints too

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice to have a favorite free pattern. I haven't been very good about "reusing" a pattern I like. Most often I find that once is enough. Your color palette is lovely, as is your test block. It's gonna be another winner!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear your thoughts.
If you are unable to leave a comment here on the blog, you are welcome to email me directly.
Happy sewing!