Where there's lots started... and even a few finishes!

▼

Tuesday, 22 September 2026

Kaleidoscope in pastel brights


Quite a few months ago, I began a Kaleidoscope quilt with a mix of muted vintage and modern prints, going for a softer colour balance. My inspiration came from @blueelephantstitches. Our fabric stashes are so different though, and my fabrics suddenly seemed too multi-floral, too bright, and too busy to go all-out muted/dusky/vintage, and I remembered finding it a little tricky. 
It takes some restraint to keep it all "calm" looking! So, the blocks got put away. 

This week however, after a little mindset change, 'Kaleidoscope - now in pastel brights' is back in the works 
Here's a few progress photos ...

















I couldn't really remember the initial ideas for my colour palette, but began by resorting my fabrics into two piles, lights & mediums/darks.  I ended up settling on a classic mix of pinks, blues & browns, with a sprinkling of peach, yellow/golds & minty green, along with lots of multi-coloured low volumes. 





Having fun today with these #kaleidoscopeblocks, still discarding & swopping out fabrics as I progress.
Super happy to see some of the subtle circles beginning to fade in & out now. 
Have a good week, Linda




2 comments:

  1. Great progress with your Kaleidoscope Brights! Jolene @Blue Elephant Stitches has tons of inspiration, yes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking good. Pastel brights sounds just right to me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear your thoughts.
If you are unable to leave a comment here on the blog, you are welcome to email me directly.
Happy sewing!