Saturday, 25 July 2026

stars, of the colourful kind



I have fabrics in my stash that are about maybe 20 years old. And, like many, I've been focused on using up what I have here. Hence my eclectic looking style, it's a bit mix & match, lots of scrappy colourful chaos, and finding surprises that I'd forgotten all about along the way!

I'm going with a combo of 'sawtooth stars' and 'wheel of fortune' blocks. Finding a bunch of small fabric packs from different older "tired" fabrics recently got me thinking about ways I could use them. My stash is peppered with Anna Maria prints, so I decided to use AM's "social climber" as my accents. I'm trying to bring in a bit of a colour connection between all the prints, and with lots of colour play hopefully things will really start to sparkle! 





looking for those colour connections ...



and then there were four ...





Recipe for when you receive repurpose find a bag or two of “tired” scraps ...
 mix in some accents 
and add in deliberate setting triangles or sashings.
Nearly there! 





1 comment:

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

This is going to be spectacular.