Wednesday, 12 May 2021
Friday, 7 May 2021
The colour combo in this is delightful, there's something about pairing up the teal with the tangerine/orange that makes me smile. I'm following Rachel from stitchedincolor tutorial for my 'penny patch' quilt, a full proof pattern for sure.
There's some fun value play with this. I'm using a mix of light and dark fabrics, with a few mediums thrown in to give a more of a blended look, one that fades in & out. It does create a less defined pattern, which kinda appeals to me.
Saturday, 1 May 2021
I'm sure some of you will recognise what I was planning to do with these, years ago. Yep, the 'Penny Patch' quilt using an excellent tutorial by Rachel @stitchedincolor, inspired by that vintage quilt. I remember loving Rachel's "colour recipe" for a low-volume quilt with two main colours of aqua/teal with soft tangerine orange and one pop of coral red colour.
Tuesday, 27 April 2021
Looking at the back, the eye easily discerns the larger rectangle patterns, adding interest to a much simpler side of the quilt.
For my binding I used a length of dress remnant from years ago. It seems to pick up the rosy reds, the denim blues and the gold really well and gives the feeling of all those wildflowers still continuing to spill over the fence.
Finished quilt measures 52" x 59".
Saturday, 24 April 2021
It was binding day today for this quilt, the last of my recent throw sized quilts. Once the binding decision was made, it didn't take long to get it all stitched down, et voila... a little finish to share.
This is my version of the 'sidewalk chalk' quilt. If you follow the link here to see other versions, you may notice that many have gone down the all-solids path. It was a fun and fast make, a great way to sew “random with a plan” with just the right mix of planning and surprises.
I had it machine quilted a while back in a vertical edge-to-edge pattern called 'ripples' by Leeanne from 'quilt me kiwi'. For my binding I used a multi-coloured Kaffe print 'persian garden' in rust, which might seem like an unlikely choice, but I think it works. The finished quilt measures 47" x 53".
Linking up this little finish with Cyndy for 'oh scrap' here
Until next time, Linda