Saturday 15 June 2024

a cuddle quilt

 













4 Patch Chain quilt

Pattern: I reworked a pile of small ufo blocks into a double four patch pattern
Fabrics: I enjoyed mixing up all the different fabrics for this one, old & new Tilda, Liberty, Kaffe, AMH, along with a little gingham to achieve a real vintage floral look. Loving all these pinks & purples 🩷💜
Backing: I found a delightful pair of vintage sheets at a local hospice shop recently, perfect for backing this quilt
Quilting: Machine quilted by Leeanne from quiltmekiwi  in E2E 'new growth' a loose leaf & vine panto 
Binding: I used a fun print 'postage due' by AMH, it captures all the colours beautifully. 
Quilt measurements: 49" x 57" 

This little cuddle quilt has now gone to Hospice, hopefully it'll brighten someone's day.
Linking up with Cynthia for 'oh scrap' here
until next time, Linda



5 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Those soothing colors are sure to give someone comfort. I love the patterns with diagonal chains.

Mystic Quilter said...

I'm sure this cuddly treat of a quilt will most definitely brighten the day for someone in Hospice care. Soft, relaxing colours.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

This is so lovely. It will be so greatly appreciated, I'm sure and how kind you are to donate it, Linda.

Quilting Babcia said...

You have such a knack for finding wonderful vintage sheets in great condition for your quilt backs. This one is just perfect for this warm homey quilt!

Karen S said...

I love the way my eye is drawn to the criss cross of the chains.
A lovely finish.