Friday 28 June 2024

jacob's ladder front & back

I tend to start more than I finish! I enjoy the processes, going at my own pace and not stressing about finishing. Of course I do love a finished quilt, so now & then I save up and send a few quilts off to Leeanne the quilter ... and then I go on a binding spree.  Enjoy my latest *photos ...


















Jacob's Ladder quilt details:

Pattern: totally inspired by Jolene from blueelephantstitches.com/I loved her nine patch Jacob's Ladder quilt, but I reworked the math and used four patches to create my own version.
Fabrics:  I used a real mishmash, including a few favourite OOP fabrics, recent designer fabrics & a mix of background fabrics, all from my stash. I also had lots of fun playing with the value variations, so easy to change up & personalise the look of your quilt!
Backing: My backing for this one is a little wander down memory lane #throwbackthursday. I had a very old Jacob's Ladder quilt top in calico, blues & purples, which I made 21 years ago, and I decided to adapt it to fit #partyinthequiltback. 
Quilting: I chose the tried-and-true 'baptist fan' an E2E panto by Leeanne from quiltmekiwi, perfect for my old/new jacob's ladder quilt. 
Binding: I opted for a pretty itty bitty floral to capture all the warm colours, 'Tuesday' by Alison Glass. 
Quilt measurements: 49" x 65"

* pics taken in full sunlight, 
not complaining though as it's a beautiful winter's day
 - perfect for celebrating matariki this long weekend.
🌟🌟🌟


7 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your quilt is so pretty, the colors are so vibrant! Love it!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love it - I agree sometimes if you get too many quilts and want a finish you might have to bite the bullet and have someone else quilt one or two

Susan said...

Gosh, this turned out beautifully! I love that it has similar fronts and backs! Party on the back indeed!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It is surprising to me that you have another quilt the same size to use for the backing. Or maybe it got trimmed and I can't tell. Anyone will love this one for its double personality.

Janie said...

Lots of ooo's and ahhh's here! Your Jacob's Ladder quilt is lovely and the Baptist Fan quilting pattern is a superb design choice. Thanks for sharing your photos.
PS The back is wonderful too....

Raewyn said...

Really beautiful Linda, and you have the perfect backing for your front. very inspiring!

Karen S said...

Another lovely finish. I do enjoy seeing the way you use flimsies as your backing. They look wonderful.