Such a simple pattern. And yet getting the right mix of light/dark fabrics that work together has been a good challenge! The busier prints were tending to overpower, so with this week's batch of blocks I've toned things down a little, dipping in and using a few plains, checks, and non-busy low volumes to help your eye to unscramble things. Here's a few progress pics . . .
Also, if you don't write down your original thinking for a quilt, it can easily get forgotten! Luckily, I had a couple of pics stashed away in my folder for this one. And, of course, I was able to scroll back through my posts to August 2018 to find my original post. The jury is still out though, on whether I add a border like the inspirational quilt.
On the +ve side, I've returned to these triangle tile blocks with enthusiasm and focus, enough to get it all together into a quilt top! I did fine-tune my colour palette down a little bit more as I made more blocks. I found using different tones of my colours -blues, reds, and greys- worked nicely, rather than my usual all-out anything goes. I've also been able to add in a few recently bought fabrics, ones that add bit of new life to this project. And while it took a bit of time, nestling all those seams together went really well, so I'm happy.