- I have been making steady progress with my *'boho patchwork' quilt and am enjoying seeing how this restful pale palette develops. This quilt project is part of my 'using up the stash' mission, and I'm using a few different Art Gallery fabrics and other favourites that I've collected over the past year. It's great how they all mix up together beautifully along with my assorted low volume fabrics.
- Still trying to master the embroidery, it's a new thing for me. I'm doing lots of french knots, free form daisies and simple back stitch.
- The latest pattern is a traditional one but reworked into fresh & new fabrics. There are 10 'mod tulip' blocks, only nine more to make.
- *Anthologie Quilt is a sampler quiltalong happening over here at barijquiltalong and here at SouthernCharmQuilts with Melanie. Loving the idea of adding lots of lovely extra touches like collage, crochet lace and sashiko, giving it a little boho flair. And check out these wonderful IG links too (thanx Julie!) for more textile art ideas - bohosal bearsville50 #textilecollage #rawedgeapplique.
- Linking up this week with Esther here for 'WOW' and with Kelly here for 'needleandthread Thursday
Wishing you all a very . . .
. . . and a peaceful & happy holiday
I'm taking a break over the summer hols
and I'll see you back here next year sometime