Monday 10 June 2024

checkered garden

I don't usually like to sew a quilt exclusively with only one line of fabrics. But I couldn't resist the little challenge of making my 'checkered garden' in all Anna Maria Horner fabrics ... what's not to love.

As I made more blocks, I discovered different ways to combine these AMH fabrics. Loving all the little connections between all her fabrics, the repetition of tones & shades, shapes & shadows. 
I figured contrast was the key and I included all-that-I-have of her “lighter” fabrics to work as a soft compliment to all the other showstopper fabrics! 
All these floral prints sing together, it's like a party in the garden!


















 'garden party' quilt top stats:
Pattern: Checkered Garden Quilt from Ashley @filminthefridge It was well written, easy to follow and FREE!
Fabric: a little bit of my entire AMH stash 
Cutting: 2 1/2” strips and the occasional 2 1/2" square selection when using up the very last of my fabric

... and it's finished!
except of course for the backing, and the quilting, etc.
Linda


10 comments:

Denice Barker said...

One could look at this quilt all day!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it looks good - I don't usually use all the same line of fabric either

Quilting Babcia said...

This quilt sings of summer flower gardens and picnics! Beautiful!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is so pretty! All of the pink tones pull me in.

Janie said...

Yes, Linda great use of contrast! Party in the Garden is happy, congratulations!

Susan said...

So, so pretty! And I guess you have your name for it..."Garden Party"!

Mystic Quilter said...

Beautiful!! This is so full of colour and Checkered Garden is the perfect name for the pattern. Dare I add this to my list of "hoping to make" quilts! AMH fabrics all work so well used together.

dutchcomfort said...

It's gorgeous!! I discovered AMH fabrics too late to have all bn able to buy some of her beautiful collections. I love to see how they 'interact'!

Linda said...

Absolutely beautiful! The colours and the fabrics you have used to make each block are just perfect.

FlourishingPalms said...

Yay for you! What an accomplishment to use only AMH prints! Wow. You must have quite a collection of them. Wish you lived closer, or that postage wasn't so darned expensive. I'd love to give you the AMH prints I have that I'll likely never use. They're really large scale designs in fat quarters, so they're difficult to use (I think). I will likely give them away. But I love what you're doing!