I want to say a big thank you for all the kind messages I have received about my latest 🌟quilt top.
And now I'm back sewing simple 'broken dishes' blocks, see here for earlier details.
The. Perfect. Stash-buster!
last batch of blocks for this week ...
Loving this mix of modern & traditional
And it’s been fun deciding which fabrics should go together in each block
I've decided to stitch my blocks together into bunches of four as I go, with scrappy sashing for the win
Here's hoping it's plain sailing when I assemble everything together later
🤞
8 comments:
I love this idea! I have plenty of scraps, this sounds like a perfect project for a quilt retreat. Thanks for sharing!
Ha, ha. The "perfect scrappy stash buster." Linda, I don't think you'll EVER "bust" your stash. (I'm smiling through writing this.) You've got the most extensive fabric stash I've read about in blog posts. Seems you must have lots of fat quarters, and an even larger selection of floral prints. I think I've already asked, but I'd love to see pictures of the fabrics you have to work with. I am sure your selection of options surpasses mine. But how great that you don't have to leave home to find fabric to work with!
Yes to Scrappy Broken Dish blocks in 'modern and traditional'!!
'Win win fun decisions.'
Lovely fabrics looking great together.
LOVE these. Terrific mixture of fabrics, too.
I have an ongoing broken dishes block project too. They are fun to sew.
These are so pretty, Linda! I love the strawberry print and the pretty blue gingham you're using to connect the broken dishes. I'll enjoy seeing what happens to these sweet blocks!
What. great idea. I've like making multiple blocks from one pattern.
Post a Comment