I do enjoy making these blocks, can't help smiling each time I finish a block. It's the kind of pattern you can make your own, in your palette made from your fabrics. I'm pretty sure no two 'checkered gardens' look alike!
My framework is simple - soft blush pinks & caramel for the centers, light-medium low volumes for the outer corners, everything else? well, a bit of a surprise as I go really.
You can see my mix of print styles is all over the place, different designers & collections, old & new - but hopefully the colours will tie everything together in a way that feels warm, slightly muted and yet still bright.
You can see my mix of print styles is all over the place, different designers & collections, old & new - but hopefully the colours will tie everything together in a way that feels warm, slightly muted and yet still bright.
And few busy floral fabrics thrown in will help create a delightfully tangled garden look.
8 comments:
Perfect mix of lights and darks--lovely blocks!
When you find a block you love to make, it's hard to not want to start another quilt with it. Playing with fabric choices is so much fun.
Looking lovely.
She will be a beauty! Gorgeous colour palette and fabrics! Now I’m going to check out FITFs tutorial. Thanks for sharing!
Checkered Garden is an attractive design!! Fun color choices too, lots of smiles.
As I knew it would, it's looking great!
I love exploring how the same block can look so completely different depending on the mix of fabric prints! These are lovely.
those are very pretty indeed....
Post a Comment