Thursday 21 May 2015

WiP Wednesdaisy!










lots of inset seams





hey, these daisies are taking over my design wall!


Just loving watching it all slowly come together! This Daisy Day block is a remake of a 1930's pattern, with the petals stitched onto an octagon, squared up with triangles & squares, and then set on point. In true Jen Kingwell style, I'm using as many fabrics as I can! Little scrappy bits of brights, florals & spots, lots of my favourite ones that get used over & over. They are all mixed up with some of my new Gardenvale range. And I've used a variety of background fabrics too, whites, creams & grey with a couple of beiges - hopefully creating a more scrappy vintage feel.

Enjoy the photos! 
Linking into WiP Wednesdaisy here at freshly pieced


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

A takeover by daisies is a good thing!

Mystic Quilter said...

It definitely looks vintage , reminds me of somewhere around 1930 with the range of fabrics you have used, not that I was around in 1930!! Are you going to machine or hand quilt?

Sew Quilt Designs said...

Love the pattern and your colours. Is it a template?

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Thank you! Yes, I’m using a template set I bought some years ago, Daisy Days by Meredithe Clark.
I think this is the lady who blogs here – https://pomegranateandchintz.wordpress.com/ Linda

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Hi Maureen, Yes, I’m very happy so far with the vintage-y vibe here! I’ve still got quite a few to make, but I’m thinking I will possibly hand quilt this... it’ll be fun looking at all the different fabrics as I stitch.
And it’ll be nice to have some hand stitching on the go over winter. Linda

DianeLoves2Quilt said...

Wow, a lot of skill sets are involved in this one. It is lookin' good!

Kate said...

Beautiful stars. Love the scrappiness.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Yes, Meredithe has confirmed she designed this set for Victorian Textiles.