Wednesday 7 March 2018

sew stitch snap SHARE #21


Happy Wednesday
and welcome to another 'Sew, Stitch, Snap, SHARE'

Today I've got a random collection of things I've been working on playing with. I've just completed the latest blocks for the barij and southerncharmquilts"wild bloom" quiltalong project. It's hard to believe this QAL is almost finished






And then I was given a dress last week, such a pretty vintage dress. I'm so tempted to cut it up and do something improv with it, like maybe a big floral bouquet in the middle, broderie perse perhaps, and then surround it log cabin style. Watch this space!



And don't you just love it when you find a real special 'low volume' fabric? Well this one ticks all the boxes for me, "dollhouse" collection by Amy Sinibaldi . . .


. . . so many ideas, so little sewing time.
That's it from me this week.

Time now for another fortnightly 'Sew, Stitch, Snap, SHARE' linkup. My pick from last time was this wonderful quilt made by Gretchen from gretchenslittlecorner. Gretchen started her 'sweet surrender' quilt in January 2016 using mainly 30's fabrics, and I'm sure you will agree, it's stunning!



{all pics reposted with quilter's permission}

Do you have a project to share this week too?

Just follow these simple guidelines:
  • Link up any post from the past week that features a sewing or stitching project you have been working on, whether they are WiPs, starts or finishes. You can write as much or as little about your project as you like, and snap off a pic or three, and share here.
  • Somewhere in your post, please link back to this one.
  • Also please take the time to read and comment on some of the other linked posts. 
Thanks for joining us,
Julie & Linda

15 comments:

Julie said...

Loving that pink floral in your QAL blocks. Amy Sinibaldi has some lovely fabrics in her ranges, I have been so good not buying any fabric lately (read so boring). All the best for the move !!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I loved watching Gretchen's progress on her quilt - this is one that is on my maybe one day list

Leeanne said...

Gretchen's quilt IS beautiful. Linda it looks like you are having a blast playing with many different fabrics.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Love your quilt Gretchen!

Kaja said...

I can't wait to see this one finished.

Cathy said...

I just love broderie perse. Your pile of flowers looks fabulous!

gayle said...

Love your quilt-along project - I'm really looking forward to seeing the whole thing together!
Gretchen's quilt is gorgeous - I've been watching her progress for quite a while, and envying her applique skills!

Linda said...

Your blocks are lovely, Linda. As always you choose such pretty fabrics. Gretchen's quilt is gorgeous, such sewing precision and again, lovely fabric choices.

Mystic Quilter said...

Your plan for the vintage dress sounds good to me!! Love your latest barij blocks and the superb yellow patterned vase!!!

Raewyn said...

Your latest blocks are so pretty - I'm looking forward to seeing the completed QAL qult! I agree, Gretchen's quilt was lovely - it's nice to see it again here :-)

Janie said...

Yes, I will be watching 'this space'. Your projects and ideas are exciting and beautiful.
Thanks for sharing your photos.

Karen S said...

I always enjoy seeing what you are playing with and how the blocks are progressing. Sounds like you have some special plans for that dress.

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

The blocks are lovely! I am intrigued by your plans for the vintage dress.

-Soma

dutchcomfort said...

I’m also in love with the Dollhouse collection by Amy Sinibaldi. I bought the fabrics to start a quilt, doubted my choice ans since I questioned a dozen other patterns where the fabrics could be used for! The Sweet Surrender quilt looks beautiful!

Suz J said...

Love the "staging" of your blocks, with the vase and doilies... it all goes together so well! Can't wait to see how this quilt comes together.