Saturday, 25 July 2026

stars, of the colourful kind



I have fabrics in my stash that are about maybe 20 years old. And, like many, I've been focused on using up what I have here. Hence my eclectic looking style, it's a bit mix & match, lots of scrappy colourful chaos, and, finding surprises that I'd forgotten all about along the way!

Finding a bunch of small fabric packs from different early collections recently got me thinking about ways to use them. My stash is peppered with Anna Maria prints, so I decided to use AM's "social climber" as my accents and to mix them in with some of those early fabrics too. 
I'm trying to bring in a bit of a colour connection between the prints and, with lots of colour play, hopefully things will really start to sparkle! 





looking for those colour connections ...



and then there were four ...





Recipe for when you receive find a bag or two of “tired” scraps - 
mix in some accents and add in deliberate setting triangles or sashings.
Nearly there! 





No comments: