Monday, 10 August 2026

another week, another batch of blocks


 

 *backyard summer bouquet inspo










After relooking at my inspo pic, 
I've started adding a few warm sunflower-golds into this next batch ...




Broken Dishes is a simple classic traditional block, perfect for scrappy quilt lovers. I'm using lots of fabrics in a bunch of fun bright colours. Inspiration for the quilt and *colour palette from Amanda at prairie quilt co.

**************

While I've been stitching up these simple sweet 'broken dishes' blocks, I have been thinking. Mainly about what my next project could be. Using leftovers & stash of course.

I do love this little colour story in blush pinks, caramel, peach,
with small splashes of navy blue & muted green. 



Trouble is that this is a fabric pull sans pattern. 
And I don't have any clear ideas of what to make. Yet.

Which comes first ... the pattern or the fabric? (I'm thinking I may be team both!)
Love to hear what you think? 



4 comments:

Kathy said...

Ooooh.......such a beautiful fabric pull! Fabric always comes first for me, but I am an improv quilter so I never worry about having a pattern! When in doubt, though, HST's are always a good choice because you can arrange them in so many wonderful ways. Or simple rows of alternating triangles. And half-square rectangles can always be arranged to look like diamonds. Whatever you use these for, it will be gorgeous!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Most of the time the fabric pull is the inspiration for me and it sometimes takes months to come up with a pattern.

Juliann said...

I am team both. Some days the pattern is the driver. Some days the fabric takes the wheel.

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

I love your peach/pink/caramel/blue palette!!! If you can't find a pattern you like may I suggest Scrappy Serendipity