Wednesday, 9 September 2026

from a stack of pretty prints ...


This quilt top started out like many do around here, as a stack of pretty prints sitting on my bookcase ...
some were multi-coloured florals
a few were geometric
others had been waiting for a few years
... and now they’re all part of the same colour story.





The colour story (or theme if you like) for my 'checkered garden' quilt was a vague idea around a delightfully tangled summery garden. I chose colours & prints to visually represent my focus fabric, a peachy/pink floral - Anna Maria's Perennial Borders candlelight Beata's Garden 🡓



I also had 1xmetre here of Beata's Garden in the caramel colourway, just enough to frame everything beautifully. Use the good stuff✅.













I used Ashley @Film in the Fridge’s free tutorial 'Checkered Garden'
- so easy to change up & personalise the look of your quilt!

until next time, Linda



8 comments:

Kathy said...

So very pretty! Love it!

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Beautiful!
And I totally agree with you - Use the Good Stuff!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

There aren't many things prettier than a pink quilt. It was the perfect block for them too.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

a lot of pretty pink today on several blogs. I love all your dishes in that cupboard too

Raewyn said...

Such a pretty quilt Linda, and what a yummy border ♥

Janie said...

Beautiful and great contrast too.
I haven't been able to leave comments for a few days but today seems like it will work, yey!!

Rebecca Grace said...

This reminds me of butterscotch drizzled over strawberry shortcake! I love how that caramel color modifies the pinks in this quilt. Also now I am hungry, and not for salad…. 🤣

Quilting Babcia said...

"Pretty in Pink" - love!!!