Friday, 9 October 2026

ready, set ... sew!




This latest string project - aka controlled mad jazz - is one I've wanted to make for years. And seeing one of Sarah Fielke’s 'down the rabbit hole' videos recently was all the kick start I needed. 

While it feels like productive scrap processing time, I know it won't be a quick quilt. I'm thinking it'll be an "in-between quilts" project, as I do enjoy a bit of mindless fun sewing with scraps & strips, and love getting immersed in the process. (In all reality, I know if I pack this project away, I may never ever get back to it!) 

I started out by making up lots of crazy kite-shaped units and now I've begun the process of adding string piecing to each kite and trimming down to size. I've cut and sorted out my fabric strips into separate bags so I can find each group easily again going forward. 
It'll be a super snapshot of the many fabrics I have used in many different quilts over many years, ending up as a magic mix of fabrics happening right now. 

 





I've had a few queries about how I'm making these blocks,
here's a few process photos ...







Wondering how it's looking so far?







No comments: