Wednesday, 30 January 2013

Houston we have a problem!!!!

I rushed this!!!! 
We are all busy making Bee blocks for Laurina /Monday Modern group,  and I just jumped in without really thinking this thru!.  oops, silly me as the instructions were oh so clear, but I ended up with 8 pie segments rather than 6 ....I had used the wrong ruler, the 45 degree instead of the 60 degree ruler!!   Too many rulers!!
So I had a wee panic and then thought I'd better make this right!!
Luckily I had some of the green fabric and was able to supplement the black & white fabric from my stash, and so I started again. Slowly......with the right ruler.......




...and ended up with two lovely hexi blocks, 6 pie segments in each!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Great save, Linda and I love the b&w fabric from your stash. Those octagons are pretty cool though...gives me an idea...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you are ok with the B& W fabric!!! see you Monday, L

      Delete
  2. Well done for coming up with a great octagon pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've yet to do mine so it's good to have this warning in mind so I don't do the same! Love the final result. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is hilarious - exactly the kind of thing I do! Your blocks look great.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I love to hear your thoughts.
Due to Blogger changes, I've heard that a few people aren't able to leave comments here at all. If you find that's the case, you can always flick me an email at linda.dutch@xtra.co.nz and I'll respond from there.
Also, for those of you who are a 'no-reply' blogger, I will respond within the comments section, so please do check back if you've asked a question or wish to chat. Happy sewing!