Tuesday 17 October 2017

on finding a favourite fabric

Ever find a fabric, one that you want to use in just about everything?
Well, this is my latest favourite find, "Gradi Flora" by Phillip Jacobs for Rowan . . .


. . . and it was hiding in my stash all this time!

I teamed it up with a pretty Liberty fabric
and now have one more 'whimsy' block to add to my collection.
{Oh, and for those tempted to make these sweet blocks,
I've discovered the trick to making them not so springy, add those final triangles last.} 

And how about you, is there one favourite fabric you tend to use over & over?
Linking up with Emily for 'moving it forward' over here
and with Cynthia for 'oh scrap' here


12 comments:

Linda said...

Another pretty whimsy block. I can see why you love the Gradi flora fabric.

Robyn said...

I feel like that about every Phillip Jacobs honestly!

Leeanne said...

I had a fabric like that I just didn't want to use it, but then I did and had to have it in everything I could and now i only have a few measly scraps.

Julie said...

That's a pretty fabric, so many different flowers you can use as centre pieces too.

Elaine said...

Such a pretty fabric combination :) I do love Liberty prints!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I have some favorite Martha Negley fabrics that I am down to tiny bits. Now only special projects get those scraps. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Raewyn said...

Yes, I know that feeling!! Yours is a beautiful find!

pandchintz said...

That's a stunning fabric (have I got some of it hidden in my stash too??). Makes a beautiful block.

dutchcomfort said...

Liberty mixed with Phillip Jacobs fabrics. Never would have thought of that, but it looks so good!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Thanks Nicolette. I’m really into mixing things up, now that I’m basically trying to use just my stash and not shop as much!
Phillip J. has some lovely fabrics!

audrey said...

Isn't it funny how one piece of fabric can suddenly look so fantastic to us! It's great to play with pieces we love.:)

Kate said...

That is a gorgeous fabric and a beautiful block. I have some beautiful fabrics, but never seem to find just the right project for them.