Thursday 13 July 2023

crosses and pluses and roses, oh my!

Almost there! 
   





Once I had the blocks all joined together, I started thinking about adding a border or two. My 1st border was a fabric I've been wanting to use for ages in a quilt, 'boscage' by Katrina Rochelle. A quirky choice perhaps - but I just love the contrast of the animal print with all those florals 🐾🌸 🐾🌺🐾
I faffed about trying to decide on the final floral border, auditioning a few but as usual settled on my first pick! I chose the AMH rosy-pink 'Social Climber', its large-scale rose design breaks up nicely in even segments throughout the border.
Quilt top measures approx. 73" x 63". 


- in the afternoon sunlight
















Linking up with Kelly for NTT here
Until next time,

Linda

5 comments:

karenbbsnow said...

Wow, those borders are stunning. Such a pretty finish.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a pretty quilt, Linda! I've always admired those X and + blocks, but never made one. Your borders are fun!

Denice Barker said...

Those roses are perfect!

Raewyn said...

Very Pretty Linda! I love the rose border print ♥ A lovely way to finish the quilt.

Karen S said...

Another lovely result. Doesn't it look gorgeous when spread across the bed!