Friday 28 July 2023

Daylesford quilt top

And she’s done!








The #daylesfordquilt top was a fun wandering path as I went around and around making another large improv log cabin quilt. You can find info for this pattern in Jen's book here at amitie textiles. {And some of you may remember an earlier Daylesford quilt that I made May 2022 in mellow colours of peachy-pinks, blues & browns with "pops" of mustard, see back here}

I loved working with this bright & bold colour combo inspired by jo_broz on ig. I hunted high & low in my sewing baskets for some of my most treasured fabrics for that mood I was looking for palette-wise. So, it's a real mix now of fabrics, old & new, designer, florals & geometrics!
Many of you have asked about the bird floral at the center. It’s a rich fabric designed by Odile Bailloeul from the Jardin de la Reine collection.  Loving the play of colour in this quilt top.
Finished quilt top measures approx. 60" x 68".  Linking up with Cynthia for 'oh scrap' here

Thank you to everyone who took a moment or two out of your day to comment on my last couple of posts 💖


11 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That was fast!! I love the combination of colors and patterns in this one. You always surprise me when you put in a color I would not have thought of using with the rest of the fabrics.

Marie said...

Love this pattern and your version of it - just so fresh and beautiful. Dare I add another one to the TO DO list????

Susan said...

This was always going to be a success, given that beautiful central panel you've used Linda! What a delight this is! It reminds me of summer in Provence. And the perfect partner to your original Daylesford quilt! I lived in Daylesford for my first year of teaching and now that I'm living in country Victoria, not too far from said town, maybe I should make this quilt. Thanks for the inspiration!

Mystic Quilter said...

What a stunner!! Congratulations on a beautiful Daylesford quilt top.

gladiquilts said...

It’s beautiful! I love how you have successfully mixed single fabric strips with pieced sections. Your fabric choices are bold and yet mix together without appearing chaotic. Bravo!!

Gemini Jen NZ said...

Gorgeous!!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Wow, Linda, what a miraculous quilt brimming with beautiful fabrics and colours. Congrats on such a wonderful finish!!

FlourishingPalms said...

Oh my! You're a fast piecer! You have a well-curated combination of prints and colors. The top looks lovely, and the size is perfect for usability - that ranks high in my book.

dutchcomfort said...

Wow, so beautiful! Love the prints and colours!

Helenchaffin said...

wow! A beautiful & fun quilt,I luv everything about this quilt 💕

Karen S said...

I love the way you put these together. This one looks wonderful!!