Friday 21 July 2023

improv log cabin










I started a new fun project this morning. I'm stitching up a large improv log cabin quilt, loosely following the Daylesford pattern by Jen Kingwell, with some of my own modifications. {some of you may remember an earlier Daylesford quilt that I made May 2022 in mellow colours of peachy-pinks, blues & browns with "pops" of mustard, see back here}

This is a great way for using up all those bits and pieces of treasured fabrics in my stash. I started with gathering & ironing scraps that went with my feature bird fabric, Jardin de la Reine by Odile Bailloeul. I'm enlarging some of my borders slightly depending on what fabrics I have here. I'm playing with a bright & bold colour combo inspired by jo_broz on ig {with permission}.  Loving the contrast of the hot pinks with teal. 

I'm enjoying a spot of simple sewing 
and this will keep me busy for what looks likely to be a wet weekend. 
⛈☔🌧
Linda 

6 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

This quilt will be so much fun to make and to watch growing!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

This is something I have wanted to do. You have a great start and wonderful colors.

Robin said...

I love this. . . keep going.

Gemini Jen NZ said...

Ooh, that is a delicious-looking start! I love the colours and the fabrics. Will be watching progress keenly...

Rebecca Grace said...

Linda, you TEMPTRESS, you!! Here I am barely nearing the finish line on my Jen Kingwell Halo quilt and you are introducing me to another beautiful JK pattern that wants to distract me away to begin a NewFO! I love how you fussy cut your parrot center and now I'm off to look up your earlier Daylesford quilt from last year.

Mystic Quilter said...

This is an exciting start to your new Daylesford, lots of colour and doing your own both with the fabrics and tweaking the design as you go along. I'm looking forward to seeing progress!