Saturday 1 July 2023

nine little trips



















Another quilt top ticked off my long list. 
I started out using Emma @treehouse textiles pattern, the long weekend quilt as my inspiration. I changed things up a bit though - my squares are a smaller size, which meant I ended up with nine little 'trip around the world' blocks, rather than Emma's four larger 'trip around the world' blocks.
 
Loving this delightful vintage-y pink/blue/brown combo. I teamed up an eclectic mix of fabrics, old & new. {wink wink} You may spot the odd perfectly imperfect block mixed in here too! 
Those of you who have been sewing for a few years may also recognise both the fabrics I chose for my setting triangles, a chintz Cranston print and 'Kindred Spirits' Moda. I had to dig deep to find these as I don't have many appealing softer browns in my stash.

I used a sweet vintage sheet my aunty gave me for my backing, a super way to repurpose a vintage sheet! And am really happy with my simple straight-line quilting, very soft & snuggly.  A narrow blue & white stripe was perfect for my binding. 
Finished quilt measures 60" x 60".

 

5 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Very pretty! That brown is perfect for this quilt.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that looks good, you say you used a vintage back so it all looks vintage with the scrappyness of it

Karen S said...

A great finish. You always find great ways to vary the original pattern.

Kaja said...

Very pretty. I particularly like the mix of florals with gingham and that little bit of yellow spot.

Ann said...

A lovely baby quilt idea. I need a few ASAP and may borrow your plan. Congratulations on your finish.