Tuesday 25 July 2023

colourful fabric party!


I find I swing often between delightful vintage florals and muted colours to these wonderfully bright and bold colours, it all depends on the mood I am in palette-wise.

The Daylesford quilt pattern is certainly the perfect one to let your imagination run wild with. I am following the inspiration quilt fairly closely, but it's still an exciting challenge getting my fabrics to work together. For me the fabrics tend to dictate the next row, but even so, I have unpicked a couple of rows as I've added more. 

There's quite a party on the design floor this week
πŸ’ƒ πŸŽπŸŽπŸ’ƒ
Enjoy the progress photos ...











 but wait, there's more ...









That’s as far as I got yesterday and I’m happy with it.
Linking up my progress with Kelly for NTT here at myquiltinfatuation
Linda




11 comments:

Robin said...

This is just too fun! I'm going to have to try this someday but I'm not sure I have the knack. You definitely do. . .

Mystic Quilter said...

This is my kind of quilt!!!It's a beauty Linda, lots of colour and can't wait to see more in your next post.

Marie said...

LUV!

Quilting Babcia said...

This looks like such fun! I've had a small center block about 16" square from a friend that has been waiting for inspiration. I think this is it! Thanks for sharing your progress.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Your combination of fabrics is working so good!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is so pretty, Linda! I always enjoy seeing the combination of colors and prints you put together. Those pinks and blues are beautiful!

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

I love that you've incorporated animal prints in with vintage-style florals. How very fabulous!

FlourishingPalms said...

Such great colors, and lots and lots of stuff going on in your prints, from flowers to geometrics. Looking good!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

You are choosing amazing colors and prints!! How cool!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Looks like you are having a lot of fun; it's bright, fun and full of great prints and movement!

Rebecca Grace said...

This is just fabulous, Linda! I feel the same way about fabrics; after I finish my Halo quilt using all those floral prints I'm going to swing wildly in the opposite direction and go back to sewing with all solids for my Deco quilt. But if I had access to YOUR stash of gorgeous floral prints, I don't think I could ever sew with anything else!