Friday 20 October 2017

my mixed up geese quilt



Last week I finished up this lovely cuddily quilt. You may remember my mixed up geese from this post. I had lots of fun combining a crazy mix of fabrics together in these blocks and with a light wool blend batting it has ended up so soft & cosy.







A few quilt stats:
'my mixed up geese' quilt
It's a mish-mash of scrappy fabrics & colour totally inspired by Margaret from semichaotic 
and I simply repeated one block from the sewcialbeesampler QAL earlier in the year
Floral border fabric 'Perennial Optimism' from the Bountiful collection by Maureen Cracknell
- loving the vintage vibe of this new-ish fabric
And I used an old vintage sheet for the backing
Machine quilted in a connected circles pattern by Annette de Raat
Quilt size 1.2m x 1.7m

Linking up with Amanda Jean for 'finish it up friday' over here at crazymomquilts 

11 comments:

Janie said...

Congratulations, perfectly scrappy delightful.
'The World of Pooh' I enjoyed reading those stories to my kids, I don't know if I enjoyed
them more or my children?

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

such a nice cuddly quilt - it is not over quilted and stiff and it has such pretty colors in it - always love Pooh!

Ann said...

Framing and sashing the flying geese has created a delight. The yellow sets it off so well. Congratulations.

Julie said...

The sashing sets those blocks off perfectly. Another great finish. Deck looks good too.

Linda said...

What an interesting quilt. I like the way you have set the blocks, the sashing is an excellent contrast to the blocks. A very pretty vintage sheet backing.

gayle said...

I always love to watch you play with color!

Kate said...

Beautifully done! Congrats on another colorful finish.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

So pretty! I love your vintage style!

cspoonquilt said...

wonderfully scrappy!

Kaja said...

Another lovely finish! That border fabric is very pretty and sets off your geese blocks really nicely.

Karen S said...

Lovely to see your finish. It is satisfying to have it completed and looking wonderful.
Cheers, Karen
http://sunburntquilts.com.au/