I spent a bit of time this afternoon handstitching all my Dresden Plates down for my barij and southerncharmquilts "wild bloom" quiltalong blocks. After a bit of chopping up & changing things, I've ended up with a variety of centres using pretty fabric and vintage doilies.
I'm very new to embroidery, but I decided that this QAL is the . perfect . time to try out a few stitches, so I've had a go and added some additional little cross-stitches & french knots too. In the big scheme of things my handmade stitches will be fine I'm sure. Oh, and, I also made up this week's pattern ''arrowheads' block, quick & easy, so I'm all up to date :)
Getting so close now to having a finished quilt top!
It's great seeing all the different versions of this quilt, pop over here for a little look
Linking up for 'slowsundaystitching' here.