Monday 4 March 2013

Hexagons


I have had a couple of hand made blocks up on my small design board for quite a while now... you know....for when you are sick in bed & can only just do hand piecing!!! 
I keep thinking I should make more, so today I finally got busy cutting!  I'm using plastic see thru' templates for a curved star hexagon - just another way to play with hexis!!!  I wanted an overall soft pastel look, so ages ago I had picked out a variety of random lights from my scrap basket. Today  on re -looking at it, I decided that I needed to throw in a sprinkling of darker fabrics just to make all the lighter ones sparkle. Sometimes its actually good to leave things for awhile b4 rushing in!!!!!



And,  the other thought I had was that if & when I get tired of all the hand sewing, I could just maybe throw in one or three one fabric hexis just to help fill the gaps!!!  maybe?





No comments: