Thursday 14 February 2019

carolina chain

My 'carolina chain' quilt top is almost finished. This happy scrappy quilt is made using a pattern from Bonnie Hunter at Quiltville, here's the link- carolina chain quilt. At the end of last year I was halfway, and after a little break, I was back raiding my overflowing scrappy strip basket to make up more of these little tiny 5" blocks again. Today's show & tell is a few progress photos.

One more group done, onto the next . . .




Checking things out on the 'design floor' . . .





four more blocks . . .


and pressing as I go today . . .



on the last stretch now . . .




a good afternoons stitching - almost there
Linking up my progress with Kelly for 'needle and thread Thursday' here

. . . until next time



11 comments:

Linda said...

Fabulous. This will be a delightful quilt, all those lovely scraps!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is a lot of happy scraps! I really like the dark and light chains running through!

karenbbsnow said...

Oh the lovely scrappiness of this one!!! I've started this pattern as a leaders and enders, very fun pattern. Can't wait to see your finished quilt.

Jannette said...

LOVE your quilt! I'm working on this quilt too, but so far, I only have blocks made... Hope it ends up looking as good as yours does!

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

I love this! It is Bonnie Hunter's pattern right?

Karyn said...

So clever! Such a good eye for fabrics and the light dark thing.

Magpie Sue said...

Lookin' good!

Julie said...

Hi Linda, Gosh your quilt is looking stunning! Love all the colours & the fabrics you are using. How wonderful. Thanks so much for your visit to my blog & your lovely comment - I have tried 3 times to reply to you but it keeps coming back to me, silly Microsoft!! Have a great weekend Linda, Julie Xx

Karen S said...

It is looking wonderful. You are so close to finished! Such a great block for scraps.

Kate said...

Such a fun scrappy quilt!

juselig@cox.net said...

What a stunning quilt! Love the colors throughout.