Friday 17 May 2019

making progress

Here's a few progress photos of my scrappy 'long distance' quilt . . .





- adding a pale dresden fan into the mix







It's all still very precariously pinned up on the design wall for now . . . hoping the grandchildren don't decide to do a reshuffle for me over the weekend. One more column to make up and then there's those special little extra floating bright patches to hand stitch down with some simple sashiko stitches.  Linking up with Wendy for this weeks 'peacock party' over here at wendysquiltsandmore

Until next time, Linda


10 comments:

Karen S said...

Great progress!

juselig@cox.net said...

Oh! I really like this. So colorful and scrappy. Can't wait to see the final product. :D

Mystic Quilter said...

I came across this pattern a little while ago and thought it was a probably one to add to my list.
I'm so pleased to see your take on this, your mix of fabrics and the pale dresden fan work a treat. I'm looking forward to the completed top, hopefully it hasn't been re-arranged by the grandchildren!

audrey said...

This is gorgeous and so YOU!

Janie said...

Those 'floating bright patches' are just the thing!
Nice arrangement Linda.

Wendy @ Wendysquiltsandmore said...

This is lovely. Anna Maria Horner's designs are really growing on me. I used to wonder how to use some of her big flowery designs, but I think I'm starting to understand. Thank you for linking up to the Peacock Party.

Julie said...

Lots of colour here, just the thing to brighten up dull winter sewing days.

Kaja said...

I like how so many of your prints have circular or flower-shaped motifs. They tie in really nicely with the curved piecing.

LA Paylor said...

clever you to insert fans for movement in this. I like!

Raewyn said...

Wow, that's delightfully scrappy and I love those fans in it too. Are they appliqued on or curved sewn in? The wee patches with the big stitching on top are such a lovely addition too.