Sunday 27 February 2022

crossroads: it's growing!

 There's a vintage vibe happening in my sewing room






- checking my values out
and I'm thinking I need to add a few darker prints into the next batch.




- adding in a few lights


- down on the design floor

Yes, it's growing! 20 outta 56 blocks made now … not quite on the home stretch yet though! I'm enjoying piecing this. Loving all the florals mixed up with a few spots & checks, and I think the teal/green centers on the blocks are a great way to pull my fabrics together. Until next time, Linda



6 comments:

Linda said...

I love these blocks. Simple but your choices of fabrics really make them sing.

FlourishingPalms said...

What an easy and fun way to use scraps! I like that you're using an "anything goes" approach, but keeping it cohesive with those little aqua centers. Perfect. I bet you're enjoying working on this one.

Julierose said...

I love the fabrics you are using in your quilt!! So very pretty --nice work
hugs, Julierose

sue s said...

I love this! I have a ton of florals I inherited from my mom that would be great for this!

Mystic Quilter said...

Looking good Linda!

Karen S said...

It is looking great. You have some great combinations in your blocks.
You managed to distract me with this one and I have been playing with a few red and white blocks. I will see how it goes.