Thursday 10 February 2022

crossroads

Super excited to be making a start on the ‘Crossroads’ quilt from Treehouse Textiles this week.
It's simple ✔️
and it's fabric driven ✔️











Over the past month as I've been working on other things, I've been cutting out rectangles too. Today I thought I'd sew a few up and make sure if I was in fact still keen to make enough blocks for a quilt top. 
I've increased the size of my blocks a smidgeon and swopped out the centre red squares for a teal - it seems to suit my stash better I think. 

It’s a lovely scrappy quilt, with a real vintage vibe. I've included some of my favourite fabrics from several years of stash building! I love them so much but now l'm thinking l need to stop {unintentionally} hoarding and start cutting it up! Super fun pairing up prints, and the simple piecing is perfect for letting those fabrics shine.

Here's the next batch all ready to sew …



There's something delightful about this wild mix of prints and colours … what's not to love! So yes, I'm continuing the road trip and looking forward to seeing where all these crossroads take me.

Linda
p.s we are off on a real road trip next week, so looking forward to some time away.


9 comments:

Dorothy said...

Here comes another beautiful quilt.
Enjoy your road trip, fabric wise and vehicle wise

Julierose said...

That is such a beautiful pattern--I like your turquoise sqs in the middels..nice work hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

have a fun trip

audrey said...

Yes! Love the vintage vibe going on here.:) Enjoy your road trip!

O'Quilts said...

very nice..yup..me too cutting away fabric I have had for a life time and loving it xo

pandchintz said...

Loving your version - it’s on my to-do list. Hope you have a lovely time on the real road trip and looking forward to seeing where you go. Safe travels

Karen S said...

Crossroads looks like a great design. Yes, simple, but very effective in the way you can use the fabric. Have fun!

FlourishingPalms said...

That looks like a nice scrap pattern. Good for "anything goes." I don't hoard fabrics, and in fact feel like I've done a good job of using, reusing, and re-reusing prints in my stash since many of my print quilts include the same fabrics. Now I've gravitated to solids, and that's a whole different sort of stash. Hope you have a nice getaway. I'm heading to QuiltCon next week, and couldn't be more excited!

Linda said...

Great blocks, super variety of fabrics. Hope you enjoyed cutting into some of stash. The teal centre looks great with your fabrics.