Saturday 6 August 2022

log cabin in prints & plains

 


- on the design floor

- I've got a bundle of FQ solids that I've been trying to team up with my florals, 
sometimes blending, sometimes not so much!











There's quite a few things that I’ve really enjoyed about making these scrappy 14 1/2" log cabin blocks ... finding a few hidden treasures amongst the fabric strips & leftovers that I've used in other projects over the last couple of years ... love mixing up this scrappy combination from different designers & collections to make my quilt unique ... I’m super happy with the contrast of the multi-coloured prints vs the plains ... and finally, it feels great to finish a quilt top in a week!

Linking up with Cynthia for 'oh scrap' here
Until next time, Linda


15 comments:

Susan said...

Gosh, this is lovely Linda! In fact everything you make is lovely! The colours and large graphic blocks are perfect together!

Mystic Quilter said...

This is beautiful Linda! I read your previous post and I had seen the one made by Rachel and fell for the design immediately. I was hooked by the fact that only two colours were needed in one half of the cabin block, especially that solids are used, also like the size of the block. Yours is so very cheery.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love your log cabin will you hand quilt it or have it machine quilted

Karen S said...

This is gorgeous. If a shop made up this colourway in a kit, I would buy it.
Can't wait to see it quilted.

Julierose said...

Beautiful pairings of solids and prints in this one!! Lovely big blocks--so graphic! hugs for a great weekend Julierose

FlourishingPalms said...

Such pretty blocks! And that colorful stack of solids has me drooling. You sure worked-up this quilt top quickly! So it's about 56" square, right? That's a nice lap quilt size, or a couch throw. Good for you to work so quickly. I'm not nearly as fast as you.

Linda said...

You have some very pretty fabrics. You also have a good eye for mixing them and then placing the blocks in just the right place. A true artist.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I think this is very beautiful! You have sweet scraps and this makes a wonderful show on the bed. Kudos for such a great finish!

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

I just love this - so pretty and dynamic.

LA Paylor said...

I would love this on my bed! I forget to work with larger strips... we have a king bed.
Love it
Leeanna

gladiquilts said...

Love your quilt! I also very much enjoy mixing solids, or tone-on-tones that read like solids, with prints. Very effective!

Ann said...

I've made many log cabins but never thought to alternate fabrics and mix with solids like this. It's very lovely. Congratulations.

Kleine Vingers said...

Just love the quilt

MissPat said...

This is lovely. I don't think I have nearly enough solids to make a go of it, though.
Pat

audrey said...

This is a fabulous log cabin quilt. So striking! I just love the solids mixed with the prints to give a little more oomph!:)