Saturday 27 August 2022

make something from nothing

My scrappy 'Log Cabin' quilt top is finished - the front was made entirely from my scrap baskets and it's quite a mashup of lots of different prints. I love it, it's got a soft vibe happening in blues, pretty peaches & plums, with a hint of gold ... and I'm thinking now this quilt-to-be could blend in just about anywhere!




*fun collage compiled from pininterest pics







- a little late afternoon sunshine










Making something from nothing - yep, it's the best way to use up all those strips from your overflowing scrap basket, even the ones you think you can't part with!
After I've added in a few boho style embellishments, I'm going to experiment with different quilting techniques - some simple straight line machine quilting first up, and then some big stitch hand quilting to add more visual interest... watch this space!


Linking up with Wendy for this weekends 'peacock party' here
 with Alycia for 'Finished (or not) Friday' over here
and with Cynthia for 'oh scrap' here
Linda


11 comments:

Julierose said...

I do love how this looks al together--very vintage and soft...hugs, Julierose

Linda said...

Very pretty. Log cabins are always a hit for me.

Robin said...

It's great how these colors and fabrics you've used make the bed feel like "HOME". Scraps can really do that for you. Your photography is beautiful.

Nancy said...

I think I like scrappy log cabin blocks the best. You have a fun mix of fabrics in these and the quilt is delightful!

Bonnie said...

Terrific use of your scraps. You make me want to make a log cabin quilt. Especially one that would use up SCRAPS. I might take a look at a Half Log Cabin pattern I have. It would be great to take on an upcoming retreat. Thanks for sharing.

Karen S said...

I am so impressed that this all came from your scrap basket. What a lovely finish!

dutchcomfort said...

Gorgeous Linda! I wish my scrap basket was filled with gorgeous strips like yours! Love the idea of Boho elements!!

Ann said...

Adding the extra elements elevates this simple design. You and Audrey are so clever. I must take the time and "up" my quilts.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

it looks perfect and planned!! Love all those colors together!

Mystic Quilter said...

Love the quilt and especially your idea of adding in embellishments boho style, the last photo gives us a peek at the stunning effect which will be created.

FlourishingPalms said...

It's so pretty, Linda! I love that you were able to make this from your scrap basket. It's particularly impressive to me because I wouldn't be able to make such a quilt. I don't have the scraps or strips to do it, so you've made this a fun vicarious experience for me. Enjoy the next steps.