Monday 29 April 2024

sunbeams & flutters

'Positivities' is a modern sampler created by Rachel at @stitchedincolor. It's a yearlong BOM where the edges blur from area to area, and stars, squares & curves reappear throughout the quilt, all floating on a consistent background colour.

I put off making April's blocks for ages... so not into FPP after March's attempt. But we are nearing the end of the month very quickly now, so I decided I needed to spend some time & love on these latest blocks, 'sunbeams & flutters'. 




- sometimes you just have to trust the process





******

I also had a relook at March's 'Northstar' block as I hadn't managed to get the middle looking so nice. After tearing it apart five times and the magic of a little hand piecing ... it's done, sixteen slivers of fabric now all sitting nice & flat this time, just don't look too closely!



Back on track now & looking forward to May's blocks.  
Linda


5 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Not the easiest of blocks I guess but they're beautiful!! I love your choice of colours, favourites of mine and look so good.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Sometimes blocks are very challenging for some reason, sometimes they go together easily. Why, I have no idea. Both are lovely, happy stitching on May's block!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that pink block sure is pretty

Janie said...

very fancy! That piecing will keep you busy for sure. Happy colors too!

Ann said...

You’ll have fun with the challenging blocks and your beautiful fabrics.