Thursday 23 May 2024

finishing a few things ...


Finish a few things before starting anything new
Super happy with this scrappy value delight!











- in the late afternoon sunshine


Pattern: I was totally inspired by Jolene from blueelephantstitches.com/. I loved her nine patch Jacob's Ladder quilt. I've made two other Jacob's Ladder quilts over the years, but revisiting this idea makes me realise I simply loveπŸ©·πŸ’›πŸ’™the scrappy block-by-block process. 
I've reworked the math though and used four patches to create my own version. To keep things symmetrical - and to ensure I ended up with a rectangle rather than square quilt - I made16 12 1/2" Jacobs Ladder blocks plus eight 1/2 blocks for the top & bottom edges.

Fabric: I'm using a real mishmash, including a few favourite OOP fabrics, recent designer fabrics & a mix of background fabrics, all from my stash. 


And it’s a finish!
... except of course for the quilting, the backing etc etc . 
I always conveniently forget these later stages.

Linking my quilt top finish to NNT with Kelly over here at myquiltinfatuation
Linda 

 

6 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your Jacob's Ladder is so pretty, love it!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

perfect pattern for a scrappy quilt - love it

Janie said...

Congratulations on your Four Patch Jacob's Ladder quilt top it's a beauty and the afternoon sun did bring out the color!

Susan said...

Gosh, this turned out so pretty Linda! The splashes of gold, aqua and pink play so nicely across the quilt!

FlourishingPalms said...

Yay you for persevering to finish this lovely quilt before starting something new. That's as impressive as all the time you spent cutting and piecing this quilt! Love a good "mishmash," as you said, and that you're using stash. That's the goal, isn't it?

Marie said...

I really like this one (she says of all of your quilts...). The pink in it gives it such a cheery feel.